Quality Engineer - Princeton, Indiana
Responsible for maintaining an outstanding Supplier/Customers relationship as the primary customer quality contact for Adient for Gold shift. Responsible for providing on-the-floor quality support for manufacturing lines/ areas in the plant by problem solving issues and creating/ documenting/ maintaining quality systems to support production. Responsible for supporting continuous improvements and launch activities as directed by CI Specialist. Responsible for managing data collection activities and analysis pertaining to customer required check fixture measurement.
- Must have working knowledge and understanding of all plant processes required to produce/deliver good quality end items assemblies to the Customer.
- Support implementation of vendor changes according to plan.
- Knowledge of nonconforming product management and use of SMRR and MQRs, and 3rd Party Containment. Top 5 identification and PDCAs. Control of Incoming/Receiving process
- Read and interpret blue prints and CAD renderings, verifying product compliance by utilizing various measurement tools.
- Use appropriate forms for data acquisition from inspection operations.
- Monitor assembly/ process operations to determine compliance with customers’ product function and craftsmanship requirements. Provide on the floor support for the manufacturing team when quality issues arise.
- Actively participate in product and process changes to ensure proper FIFO is maintained for new or modified parts.
- Perform thorough data collection and problem analysis to determine root cause of quality issues and verify effectiveness of corrective actions as directed by Quality Manager.
- Provide leadership in problem solving and troubleshooting in order to achieve a timely resolution to material and/or any internal problem which may cause an interruption of product delivery to our Customers. Provide cross functional support for delivery, efficiency, and scrap issues to help team achieve performance objectives. Ability to problem solve and resolve issues. Proper judgment in communication with Customers as directed.
- Maintain open issues list(s) to document quality issues and track progress of action plans and timing to completion. Must keep information updated to reflect accurate target dates and person responsible throughout the problem solving process.
- Promote safety and effective communication among the Princeton Quality department, Maintenance department, Materials Department, and Operations Manager.
- Utilize Adient Email Calendar tool to monitor daily activities and task end dates (Example would be Quality Alert expiration dates).
- Follow through on any open customer containments to ensure efficient closure in a timely manner, through use of certifications tags and timely communication with customer RI representatives.
- Working knowledge of customer portals and customer specific requirements preferred.
- Performs other duties deemed necessary by the Quality Manager.
Associate Level Degree in Engineering or minimum of two years quality experience in the Automotive Industry preferred.
Four to five years of experience in Quality Assurance at a Tier 1 supplier in the automotive industry, if no Associate of Engineering Degree.
Should be familiar with SQAM Standards/ requirements.
Should have working knowledge of AIAG requirements (MSA, SPC, PPAP, APQP, etc.)
Must have working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint